Relaxation Tips To Beat Stress
Stress is the bodily response to an overloaded psyche. Stress has become a part and parcel of modern life. Common causes of stress are many. These may range from tons of anguish that come with divorce, death, unemployment to common everyday factors like overcooked vegetables, traffic jams and machinery breakdowns. Stress causes serious health risks like heart disease, stroke, and cancer or brain tumor.
Is there any person living on this face of earth totally devoid of stress? The answer is no. Everyone's life is stressful in some way or the other. However the difference lies in how best one can cope up with it and lead a healthy, productive life. Here are some relaxation tips to beat stress.
• Join a yoga class:-It has been proven that yoga helps reduce stress in your life. It helps to improve your muscle tone, and blood circulation. Yoga also increases flexibility and core strength. After you master the arts of physical, mental and spiritual relaxation from your yoga instructor, you can go on life long, practicing those at home.
• Delve into nature: - Head for the beach, lake or the hill. A visit to your local park should be just as fine. The beauty, purity, and serenity of nature soothe an anxious mind. Spend some time in your own garden. You are bound to feel rejuvenated working in your garden - planting some bulbs, trimming the hedges, or pruning roses.
• Indulge in an aromatherapy bath: - By immersing yourself in warm scented water, you will feel your troubles vanishing into thin air in no time. You can try valerian or lavender oils for a truly relaxing experience.
• Learn to meditate: - Meditation refers to conscious relaxation. You can do this by concentrating on your breathing exercise and chanting some simple "mantras". This way you will be able to deal with "mind clutter". You will attain calmness and peace of mind. Trying to switch off conscious thoughts is not an easy process. However once achieved, it immensely helps the individual in attaining renewed energy and clarity of thinking.
• Do not bottle up feelings:-Share your causes of stress or any negative feelings with someone you know will care about. Stay in company of friends who appreciate you for the person you are. Invite them over for coffee or drinks and give in to some fun and merrymaking. After all, laughter is a great stress buster.
• Read a good book: - Try reading an inspirational book on how to lead a better and productive life. You can even read fictions that take you away from the cares of everyday life.
• Cultivate a hobby:-You can build new interests like pottery, painting, or stamp collecting. You may also take up a community service.
• Enter your thoughts on pen and paper:-Jotting your thoughts down can help you to detangle issues leading to unburdening of self.
Finally do take time to pamper yourself once in a while. Go shopping, take a massage, or visit the spa.